Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Bread Recipe

So, I tried a new bread recipe for fun that I got from a lady at the cannery. I loved it! Here is the recipe:


Whole Wheat Bread
makes 4 loaves

7 c whole wheat flour
2/3 c wheat gluten
2 1/2 T instant yeast

Mix for 1 minute. Then add 5 cups warm water and mix for 1 minute. Let rest for 10 minutes.

Add:
1 T salt
2/3 c oil
2/3 c honey
2 1/2 T lemon juice

Mix for 1 minute. Then add:

5 more cups whole wheat flour mixing after each cup

Knead for 10 minutes (in mixer). Shape into loaves and place in pan. Let rise to top of pan.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.



They turned out beautiful and delicious! I actually used half wheat flour and half white flour, just because I only had that much wheat flour and I didn't want to grind more at the time. :) But, I made it again yesteday with all whole wheat flour and it turned out great, again.

Enjoy it!!




6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog a few weeks ago. Love it!
    The bread looks fabulous...can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie - great recipe, even for me, who is afraid of yeast!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie I just found and started going through your blog, it is awesome by the way. I have Hi-gluten white flour. Could I use this instead of the wheat gluten in this recipe? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would definitely try it. I haven't used that before, but it might work just fine. Good luck!

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog. I was wondering what you use to mix such a large amount of bread dough? God bless your little girl, prayers for you and your family. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Bosch mixer. Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete